Thursday, December 03, 2015

Playing with Jolly Friends Stamp Set (Fun Stampers Journey)



Hello, again, hello, again, jiggity jig!  What's new today sweet friends!?

Today finds me die-cutting, glazing and adding some sparkle to these darling little characters I've stamped and colored from the Jolly Friends Stamp Set from Fun Stampers Journey. This is one of the sets that has coordinating dies making it super easy to match them up to the stamped image and get a perfectly die-cut shape in no time flat! I got a little over zealous and stamped about 40 of them. Oopsie!  Guess I'll be doing a lot of tag-making.  Assembly-line style crafting is my favorite though. There is such satisfaction in seeing it all done in the end.



Anywho. My sweet little Emma Grace has a December 5th birthday (she'll be turning eleven this Saturday) so we've always been a family that tries to put a pause on the holidays to celebrate her before we let the flurry of holiday activities take over the house, like the all decorating and holiday baking....and yes, even the shopping and gift wrapping.

So, in the meantime, I'm keeping my hands busy with small little holiday projects like this one. I've already stamped the images onto Whip Cream Cardstock using Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink and then I heat set all of the stamping before coloring the images with the Fusion Blender and Re-inker. By heat setting the images, this helps to minimize any bleeding of the ink.

Now that they are dry I've decided that they need some Journey Glaze and some Sparkle Dust and Sparkle Cuts.

Aren't these Jolly Friends just the absolute CUTEST things ever?

I think they will be the PERFECT adornments for some holiday gift tags to go on all my packages, or even to stick onto some of those Advent Boxes that I shared yesterday.

I plan on using the new Tag Set Steel Rule Die to attach these little cuties to.  Once I get them put together, I'll be sure to share a picture of the completed project.

Until then......have you seen the December Kit of the Month!?  Such darling projects!  I can't wait to make the one with the little gift card stuck inside.  The teachers will LOVE it!

More soon........






No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails